Gorkana Insight & Analysis Team
Weber Shandwick’s Travel & Lifestyle practice earns record 16th Platinum Award.
Weber Shandwick’s Travel & Lifestyle practice was honored with 17 awards at the annual Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) gala in New York City. The practice received eight gold, six silver and two bronze Adrian awards and one coveted Platinum Award, selected from the pool of 74 public relations gold awards. In the past 17 years, Weber Shandwick has earned a record 16 Platinum Awards.
HSMAI’s Adrian Awards reception and gala is the pinnacle event to recognize inspiring best practices in sales and marketing for the hospitality industry. The awards honor outstanding achievements in advertising, public relations and digital marketing and this year, there were more than 1,000 entries.
Three Weber Shandwick clients were selected as “Top 25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales & Marketing” for their ground-breaking contributions to the hospitality, travel and tourism industries. James Boyd, Vice President of Public Relations of Singapore Airlines, led the charge with the successful launch of the new A380 at JFK. Maureen Siman, Executive Director of Revel, launched the first casino resort to open in Atlantic City since 2003 and George Zimmermann, Vice President of Travel Michigan, led the strategy behind the popular Pure Michigan campaign along with its new brand partnerships.
"Weber Shandwick is committed to delivering outstanding results for its clients," said René A. Mack, President of Weber Shandwick's Travel & Lifestyle practice. “It is rewarding to work with talented client partners like James Boyd from Singapore Airlines, Maureen Siman from Revel and George Zimmermann from Travel Michigan."
The 2012 Weber Shandwick winning client campaigns are:
- Royal Caribbean International: The Sea Is Calling Brand Campaign Launch
- Singapore Airlines: A380 JFK Launch
- Singapore Airlines: BusinessWeek Feature Placement
- Revel: Fast Company Feature Placement
- Michigan: Team Up for Great Mitten Debate Integrated Marketing Campaign
- Michigan: New York Post Feature Placement
- Hilton Head Island: PGA Players' Favourite Feature Placement
- Bahamas Ministry of Tourism: TODAY Show Broadcast Placement
- Bahamas Ministry of Tourism: Delta Sky Feature Placement
- Mexico City: Experience Tourism Marketing Campaign
- Mexico City: Martha Stewart Broadcast Placement
- Michigan: New York Daily News Feature Placement
- New Orleans CVB: La Quinta Mattress Dominoes Community Service Program
- Rand McNally: Best of the Road Marketing Program
- Revel: New Opening Launch Program
- Royal Caribbean: Extra! Mansions & Millionaires Broadcast Placement
- Michigan: Mario Batali Made in Michigan Day Brand Partnership
Top 25 Minds in Public Relations – Weber Shandwick honored clients:
- James Boyd, Vice President of Public Relations Americas, Singapore Airlines
- Maureen Siman, Executive Director, Revel *George Zimmermann, Vice President, Travel Michigan